Martin’s X Series DX2AE Macassar Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar features a D-14 dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, well-balanced tone that is perfect for live performance and in the studio. Pairing the solid sapele (mahogany) top with the Macassar-pattern HPL back and sides, the Martin X Series DX2AE Macassar Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar has a big, punchy tone, with all the sustain you have come to expect from a Martin guitar. The mortise-and-tennon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics. Case sold separately.
The Martin guitar’s laminate birch neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of Birch under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The neck is fashioned with a Performing Artist neck shape and taper, 25.4 in. scale, 1-3/4 in. nut width, and 16 in. radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This Martin acoustic guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box.
This guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.
- Performance Artist neck with high performance taper
- Multi-stripe rosette
- FSC Certified Richlite fingerboard and bridge
- Hand rubbed finish
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- White plastic bridge pins with black plastic bridge pin dots
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sapele
- Back & sides: Macassar Pattern HPL
- Bracing pattern: Non-scalloped X
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Performing Artist
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: FSC Ceritified Richlite
- Neck wood: Brown birch laminate
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman Sonitone
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Macassar Pattern HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome enclosed with small buttons
- Bridge: FSC Certified Richlite
- Saddle & nut: Compensated White Tusq/White Corian
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico