Long a pioneer in using sustainable materials in their guitars, Martin continues this tradition with the DRS2 acoustic-electric guitar. With its distinctive solid Sitka spruce top, solid sapele (a close relative of mahogany) back and sides, the DRS2 gives you bright, clear trebles and a warm midrange. The DRS2’s punchy lows (more like a D18 than a D28) make it an excellent choice for miked recording when you’ve got thicker tracks to work with. But if you’re ready to take it out live, the DRS2’s built-in Fishman Sonitone pickup provides great plugged-in tone. No matter how you play it, you’ll love the true Martin craftsmanship in the DRS2 acoustic-electric guitar.
Martin DRS2 Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Best-in-class tonewoods
- True Martin craftsmanship
- Ready-to-play electronics
The Martin DRS2 uses solid tonewoods that typically aren’t found on a guitar this affordable. The top is solid Sitka spruce, a choice wood for organic, well-balanced tones. Back and sides are made from solid sapele, which has the same richness and depth mahogany is used for. It’s a recipe for vibrant tone that will age gracefully as the years go by.
True Martin craftsmanship
A member of Martin’s Road series, the DRS2 gives you amazing sound and snappy good looks in a roadworthy instrument. Top, back and sides are braced for maximum resonance and projection, and the DRS2’s smooth-playing, modified low oval neck is built with select hardwood for extra rigidity and durability. The belly bridge and fingerboard are made of Black Richlite, which has a similar look and feel to ebony. But you’ve only got to strum it once to know that you’re holding a Martin.
The DRS2 is equipped with the Fishman Sonitone pickup system, which gives you great-sounding plug-and-play output, onstage and in the studio. The Sonitone system puts volume and tone controls directly in the soundhole for easy access.
Martin DRS2 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An attractive, solid-wood dreadnought with Martin quality throughout
- Solid Sitka spruce top, and solid sapele back and sides give you distinctive looks, warm resonance, and good projection
- Fishman Sonitone pickup gives you great-sounding, no-fuss sound reinforcement
- Top, back, and side bracing for optimum resonance, balance, and projection
- Hardshell case included
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Sapele
- Body Bracing:A-frame
- Binding:Black Boltaron
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval
- Fingerboard Material:Black Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Tuners
- Bridge Material:Black Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material:White Corian/White Tusq
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:Fishman Sonitone System
- Strings:Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge
- Case Included:Hardshell
- Body Length:20"
- Body Width:15.6"
- Body Depth:4.8"
- Overall Length:40.5"