There’s big value in the Martin DCX1RAE acoustic-electric guitar. The high-pressure laminate back and sides are topped with real solid Sitka spruce, for vibrant acoustic tone that’s also affordable. Solid wood tops enhance in tonality as they age, so you can be sure that the DCX1RAE will sound even better as the years go by. And you can expect great plugged-in tone, as Fishman Sonitone electronics are built in. For an easy-playing dreadnought cutaway that won’t break the bank, you’ll definitely want to get your hands on the Martin DCX1RAE.
Martin DCX1RAE Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Solid top for tone that enhances with age
- Smooth playability from the Performing Artist series neck
- Great-sounding Fishman Sonitone electronics
Solid top for tone that enhances with age
Sweetwater knows that the choice of top wood can make or break the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the DCX1RAE, Martin chose a solid Sitka spruce top. And because it’s a solid-wood top, the tone will age gracefully as the wood matures, with enhanced harmonics and greater tonal balance as the years go by.
Smooth playability from the Performing Artist series neck
Whether you’re recording for hours or plan to play out late into the night, you’ll be glad you got a Martin DCX1RAE. The DCX1RAE features one of Martin’s outstanding Performing Artist series necks, whose slimmer profile is easy on your hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort.
Great-sounding Fishman Sonitone electronics
The DCX1RAE is equipped with the Fishman Sonitone pickup system, which delivers great-sounding output onstage and in the studio. The Sonitone system puts volume and tone controls directly in the soundhole for easy access.
Martin DCX1RAE Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Classic Martin styling with Fishman electronics in a dreadnought cutaway model
- Sitka spruce X-bracing enhances projection and tonal balance
- Solid Sitka spruce top for a rich, lively sound that will enhance with age
- High-pressure laminate back and sides, with rosewood pattern
- Fast Performing Artist neck with High Performance Taper for exceptional playability
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Body Style:Single Cutaway
- Finish:Hand rubbed
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Rosewood Patterned High-pressure Laminate
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing, Sitka Spruce
- Neck Wood:Rust Birch Laminate
- Neck Shape:Performing Artist, High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Richlite (FSC certified)
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Enclosed Gears
- Bridge Material:Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material:Corian/Compensated Tusq
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:Fishman Sonitone system
- Strings:SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light